Happy New Year!
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. As marketers, the 4th Quarter is a busy time of year. Spending budgets, holiday sales & promotions, and planning for next year. Now that we’re officially into 2013 I hope you’re enjoying a fresh start and have big plans for the new year.
As you sit down to complete your list of new year’s resolutions, I’d love for you to consider bettering your professional and personal self this year by getting involved with AMA Atlanta.
Here are 10 things you can resolve to do in 2013 to become a better marketer:
10. Give back to the next generation of marketers by becoming a mentor in our Mentorship Program. Click to sign up.
9. Attend our January Signature Luncheon, featuring John Costello of Dunkin Brands.
8. Make a commitment to recruit top talent for your agency or company with a booth at our Collegiate Conference this February to recruit entry-level marketers and interns.
7. Volunteer your time with our Non-Profit Committee and lend your marketing expertise to three local non-profit organizations we are supporting this year.
6. Advance your knowledge in the digital space and make yourself more competitive in the marketplace by attending one of our upcoming Digital or Social Series events.
5. Support the initiatives of our local marketing community and AMA Atlanta, and gain great exposure for your company by becoming a sponsor.
4. Be recognized for all of your hard work and showcase your recent successes by nominating yourself or someone you know for the Atlanta Marketer of the Year, or entering a campaign to win an AMY Award this year.
3. Celebrate diversity by attending our upcoming Multicultural SIG Event.
2. Join AMA Atlanta. It’s the first step to getting involved. Click here and take the plunge to sign up today and join the largest marketing organization in the world.
1. Volunteer! It’s the #1 way for you to get connected.
Cheers to each of you for a great new year! What is your new year’s resolution for 2013 – tweet with us using #AMAATL and we’ll share!